13.11.09

Nitin Gadkari next BJP president?

s the Maharashtra

BJP chief Nitin Gadkari all set to be the party's next national president? The question is doing the rounds in the BJP.

Gadkari was in the national capital on Thursday. Significantly, he did not deny being tipped for the top party post. He said  he was ready for any assignment.

"I am a loyal soldier of the party but my political influence is limited within Maharashtra and not the rest of the country. I am no one to intervene or take decisions on their behalf at that level. Though the situation hasn't arisen but I will do whatever the party wants me to as I have in the past. I was never part of any race neither have I tried to participate in any race ever," says Gadkari.

"I have always taken up any responsibility that the party has entrusted me with, starting from pasting posters

when I began with ABVP.

RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said a few days ago that BJP's central leaders Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, M Venkaiah Naidu and Ananth Kumar have been passed over for the post.

Gadkari's candidature as the Sangh's choice has been doing the rounds since September.

Since there's no consensus in the BJP on an alternative name, as  GenNext leaders opposed one another bitterly, the RSS seems to be succeeding in pushing its case for a leader from "outside Delhi".

Rajnath Singh also has officially asked the RSS to help in choosing the next president.

The L K Advani faction is opposing a leader who will closely align with the Sangh.

0 comments:

Drugs rocket in AP